Learn French, meet new people, and get ready to travel!
Our classes are taught by native and / or qualified teachers in a relaxed and convivial atmosphere.
Our social activities and events are designed to bring a cultural perspective to classes and enhance social connections between our students.
Classes are held weekly at Glenmore High School, Farm Street, North Rockhampton.
Classes last 1.5 hour, from 6.30pm to 8pm on Wednesdays.
There are 4 terms which run for 8 weeks, except Term 1 which is 9 weeks (first night is an introductory session). Enrolment is per term.
The minimum number of students per class is 5, the maximum 10.
We offer 3 levels:
Beginners: the "discovery" stage. At this stage, you can interact in simple ways: speak about yourself, give and ask for information.
Intermediate: you are able to cope with most situations you are likely to encounter when travelling to a French-speaking country.
Advanced: you are be able to hold a conversation, write simple texts and express yourself without searching for your words.
2022 Term Dates:
Term 1: 2 February – 30 March 2022
Term 2: 20 April – 8 June 2022
Term 3: 13 July – 31 August 2022
Term 4: 5 October – 23 November 2022
Fee per term (8 week course): $180 per student.
Membership of the Alliance Française is compulsory for all students and is $25 single / $40 family.
A textbook is also required (about $60) and will cover several levels.
Questions? Contact Us.
Interested? Please enrol below:
To complement classes, we also offer Coffee & Conversation groups every Saturday during the terms in Rockhampton and Yeppoon. We alternate the two locations.
2022 Conversation Groups:
Rockhampton: Riverston Tea Gardens, from 1:00pm.
Yeppoon: 2 Sisters, from 11:00am.
Beginners are very welcome. Conversation groups are free other than the cost of purchasing a drink or some food.
Please read the following information before enrolling.
1. Alliance Française CQ membership is necessary to attend all classes.
2. Students must enrol for a whole term.
3. Adult Courses are for students of 15 years and above.
4. All fees must be paid by week 2 of term. Pro-rata payment is not available.
5. No refund, transfer or credit will be given should a student fail to attend every class or leave before the end of the term.
6. Alliance Française CQ reserves the right to cancel classes if a minimum of 5 enrolments is not reached.
7. If a class is cancelled by Alliance Française CQ, students will be fully refunded or offered a full credit for the following term.
8. Please note that credits are not redeemable for cash.
9. To ensure the best quality in teaching, the Alliance Française CQ reserves the right to redirect a student to another level if the student’s level isn’t suited to the level of the class.
Merci de votre compréhension!